Regular review points are helpful throughout the campaign to asses individual engagements. Keeping a record of the following can identify potential issues before campaign completion.
- Did the engagement reach the target audience?
- Was the message clear and understood by those involved?
- Was the tone of any response favourable?
- Did it achieve your objective?
- Does it require adjustment and a second engagement scheduled?
At the end of an engagement programme the results need to be consolidated and reviewed before dissemination. If actions are being made as a result of the engagement, stakeholders should be informed and details distributed.
The engagement plan should then be assessed for what worked and what didn’t. This learning needs to be stored and brought into the planning of future engagements.
If the engagement strategy is ongoing this is an ideal review point before identifying and planning the next stage.
For a full overview on how SMART can help your organisation please click here.